Friday, February 27, 2009

Mixed-media Art Piece



Last night I completed a new mixed-media art piece for our Terra Bella show "It's About Time" in July. Although I haven't settled on the title yet, I am leaning toward either Time Flies or Moments in Time. This is truly a 'green project' since I have recycled the canvas, frame, collage experimentation, and the majority of embellishments used -- including a corrupted CD I could no longer use to record music on with my computer. How rewarding to keep all these items from the landfill while having fun playing in my studio. In addition to the obvious embellishments, the background is my first attempt at mixing fabric and paper collage along with fabric paints. I glued and hand sewed the embellishments for added stability. I'd love to hear your comments as well as which title you think best.

1 comment:

  1. i like time flies better with the butterfly on there. i like the cd on it. it's hard to see much detail from the pic but it's cool. it's nice to see you experimenting more and more. while every piece may not be your greatest achievement theyre interesting and fun. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete