Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Baby Quilt - Double Nine-Patch


Kristen's school pal Dani was often at our home and considered a third daughter in our family. Such fun memories. Well the kids are having kids of their own now, so I felt prompted to make a special baby quilt for her firstborn, Shepherd a couple years ago. Dani's chosen theme for the nursery was Classic Winnie the Pooh. I'd purchased enough fabrics to make four baby quilts ~ what was I thinking? Thankfully, the nursery theme remained the same for her second child, Leyanora, born a few weeks ago. I have to admit, girls inspire me more than boys, so this quilt is 'fussier' than the first one I made.

The pattern is called a double nine-patch because their are 9 small squares per each 3.5" square, then those pieced squares are sewn into nine-patch blocks using solid fabric as an alternate block. I wanted the pink 9-patch blocks with green centers to represent flowers. The green helps calm down an excessive amount of pink, and yet the pink binding helps frame it all cohesively. It's a feminine look for a sweet little baby girl. I know they'll be blessed. : )






No comments:

Post a Comment