Saturday, January 2, 2010

Friends of Pets 2009 Quilt Auction





Quilts and Creations, October 11th, 11 a.m.- 2 p.m., University Center Mall, 3901 Old Seward Highway. Quilts and Creations features colorful quilts of all sizes, fiber arts, stained glass and gift baskets. This annual fundraiser for Friends of Pets benefits their community spay/neuter assistance program. (566-7284 or 562-7446; www.friendsofpets.org)

Animals and Art are two of my favorite things in life.  Why did I wait until Friends of Pets 13th Annual Quilt Auction 2009 to get involved first hand?  Probably too much going on most of the time, but this year I happened to have a 'leftover' show piece that suited this charity event perfectly.  So perfectly in fact that in spite of being the last quilt entry, I managed to scoop up an unexpected First Place Viewer's Choice Blue Ribbon for Favorite Cat Theme!  In addition I received a $50. gift card from Seams Like Home - one of our local quilt shops which happens to be in the same mall the auction takes place.   It blesses me immensely to have my cat quilt receive such high honor and support such a worthy cause.  I'm looking forward to making another entry for FOP in 2010.



No comments:

Post a Comment