Saturday, January 23, 2010

Yellow Brick Road #2 Completed

Once again I'm doing the happy dance but this time about 4' off the ground because a major project has just been completed and removed from my studio.  Last week I set my goal to finish putting together the second of two King Sized Yellow Brick Road quilt tops I was sewing for my friend Kathy.  We agreed I would sew these two wedding gift quilt tops she had gathered fabrics for in exchange for a dozen authentic Japanese silk obi's.  I'll have to post photos of those later when the weather is warmer.



So here is the finished top.  I had Kathy and her husband Greg stand on folding chairs outside to keep this monster off the ground.  The lower half was in shadow so I manipulated the photo before posting but the colors are pretty true. 
 I love how this top turned out and I especially enjoyed working with fabrics I would normally not use.  It has a soft overall appearance and will be a beautiful focal point in the lucky recipients bedroom.  Kathy will be machine quilting both of the king sized tops on her Handi-Quilter 16 (mid-arm) once she gets settled in her new Texas residence this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment