Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fiber Bowl


Another UFO completed and ready to be 're-gifted' to the quilting friend who talked me into trying our hand at making fiber bowls in the first place!  I've made many fiber bowls, most of them are recycled antique quilt blocks.  This one Ramona half finished before she passed it onto me.  I'm known as the quilting buddy who can't trash projects, I just have to finish UFO's eventually... mine and other peoples too it seems.

Ramona hand quilts everything and this block was no exception.  All I did was machine satin stitch the pleats and double satin stitched the edge.  This square shape with the shallow darts are quite easy to maneuver under my sewing machine.  Some deeper, smaller bowl shapes can get downright testy to handle.  Anyway, one more project finished and a little bit more space is being reclaimed in my studio.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment