Friday, March 25, 2011

SAQA Benefit Auction Quilt (2011)

"Spring Fling"  (11.5" square)
This is my first year to submit a quilt for the auction.  I've had good intentions the past three years but didn't get myself in gear until this year.  I had a lot of fun making this quilt.  Anchorage has been having gorgeous sunshine the past week and although there's plenty of cold and snow yet to thaw, this little quilt expresses my cheerful anticipation of Spring.  I'm smiling just looking at it.
 
   Studio Art Quilt Associates 2011 online quilt Auction will begin on Monday, September 12th at 2:00 pm Eastern and conclude on Sunday, October 2 at 2:00 pm Eastern.  The funds raised support SAQA's exhibitions, catalogs and outreach programs.  All of 2010's auction quilts will remain on the SAQA website for viewing only, until the 2011 auction is underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment