Sunday, April 17, 2011

Arts and Auction

Yesterday my friend Lynnette and I enjoyed a sunny, full day of creative artwork and delicious food together.  Salvation Army's much anticipated 4th Annual Transformed Treasures Auction/Luncheon was once again lively and quite successful.  An eclectic, colorful assortment of one-of-a-kind art pieces lined the perimeter of the Sheraton Hotel ballroom.  What the creative mind can produce from castoffs is astounding!

I'm delighted to report all three of my art donations sold beyond my expectations.  The mosaic bowling ball yard ornament auctioned for $125., the elegant ottoman took a high bid of $140., and surprisingly, my quilted table runner constructed of dress ties topped out at $375., which totally floored me.  I'm so pleased with these results, especially knowing the funds are helping many local needs right here in Anchorage.
My slide show of some auction items can be seen by clicking on this link or by clicking on Transformed Treasures Photos in the sidebar link list.

Following the luncheon, Lynnette invited me to view the resident artist show at the nursing home her father resides at.  Talent and ability is not age restrictive that's for certain.  We so enjoyed the variety of talent exhibited in a room filled with wonderful residents, their visitors and cordial staff.  Live music performed by the Fireweed Flutes set the mood for a peaceful melodic occasion while guests nibbled fantastic finger food.  Wine and punch were served in addition to a decadent layered chocolate dessert that I would have enjoyed had I not already consumed my daily chocolate intake at the auction luncheon earlier.

I purchased a lovely beaded tiger eye necklace and a set of stationary cards with printed artwork on the covers.  Hopefully I'll be able to attend the next show they offer.  It was quite a nice ending to a lovely art filled day.

No comments:

Post a Comment