Monday, November 19, 2012

Felina Ballerina

"Felina Ballerina" by Judy Wedemeyer  ~ 2012  (18" square)
Alas, a back injury prevented me from completing this donation quilt for Friends of Pets annual quilt auction this fall, but for once I'm way ahead of the time frame for next year!  As it so happens, my 2009 and 2011 blue ribbon winners were both placed in the cat theme category so hopefully I'll have a repeat performance in 2013.

With just enough cat print fabric for the border, I was inspired to enlarge one of whimsical felines as a focal point.  I'm partial to black with bold primary colors and suspect part of the appeal is due to its lively visual contrast.  Echo quilting in a rainbow colored variegated thread compliments the color and motion of the dancing kitties. 

This is one of those pieces that just make me smile when I look at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment