Saturday, February 23, 2013

Transformed Treasures 2013 - Lapquilt


This lap quilt measures 51" X 66", and was layered and machine quilted in seven separate sections to enable me the physical ease to do a project this size on my home machine without struggle.  It takes longer to construct but there is no fabric distortion from tugging on the quilt when it's done this way.

With my Salvation Army artist vouchers I purchased eight men's dress shirts and a purple corduroy jumper to coordinate with the two yards of leaf print fabric.  I ended up not using the black shirt.  With careful cutting, there was plenty of fabric to make the backing and still have some fabric left over.  All of the fabric is 100% cotton including the Warm & Natural batting inside.  This quilt is an original design and will be auctioned off at the Salvation Army's Transformed Treasures Luncheon in May.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment