Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Fabric Floral Brooches

Slightly darker photo shows the fabric contrast a bit better.
The lighter red flower was my first one made of polar fleece.  I like the variety of fabrics and textures in the 30 I made over the weekend.
The flower petals were cut with pinking shears in several sized circles.  I intentionally stacked and glued them with contrasting colors to depict depth.  The first time I made these I used hot glue but found it to be messier with the glue strings flying around.  This time I used Aileen's Tacky Glue and was very pleased with the results.  The pin backs were adhered with a liberal application of Aileen's Fast Grab Glue ~ it dries clear. 

I plan to donate these pins to the Anchorage Senior Center Gift Shop.  Finishing this project freed up a baking sheet holding all the supplies as well as table space in my studio.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment